Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ode to the List.



Oh, how I love a list. A shopping list. A To-Do list. A What-To-Pack-Before-A-Big-Trip list. (Undies? Check.) A Books-That-I-Really-Should-Read-If-I-Want-To-Look-Intellectual-At-A-Dinner-Party list. Heck- my 1st post on this blog was.... a freaking list.

I love writing aforementioned lists. Ticking things off these lists as the task is completed. Sometimes I even highlight things off the list. With a highlighter. N.E.R.D.

So, when I stumbled across Angie's 28x28 list over at her blog of awesomeness, I got minor heart palpitations. I may have even swooned slightly. She has a list of 28 things to do before she turns 28.

At the end of this year, I hit the big 3-0. Um, pardon me? How did that happen? At risk of sounding like my mother... Where did the years go?

So I'm going to make the final years of my 20s a killer. Huge. Epic. Ok, maybe not epic. But you get the idea. As the Post-It* suggests, I'm gonna make bold plans.

I'm going to write a list.

30x30.
Watch this space.

*Post-Its: An awesome tool for list-writing. Check these ones out- why I don't I ever find cool things like this in public places?

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous you're turning 30. Seriously. I have fantasies about being a fabulously successful got-my-shit-together 30-year-old woman.

    And thanks for the link love. I definitely don't view my list as anything but a reminder of the fact that growth and change can be good. I'm scared shitless most times, but why not enjoy the ride while we can, eh?

    ReplyDelete