Thursday, April 14, 2011

#10 Have a creative classroom. Yep- English and Maths are important. But so is music. And art.

In creating my list, I (unconsciously) included a lot of items that would prove to be ongoing projects.

I made a vow at the start of the school year that this year I would try to incorporate a whole lot more creative arts. This involves a whole lotta effort but brings with it a whole lotta reward. My kidlets are truly, absolutely engaged when we undertake our arts and crafts projects. If the education system placed more emphasis on creating and engaging in creativity, I'm not sure what kind of a world we would live in. I am pretty certain it would be a better one.

Here is a masterpiece we created this term. A whole lot of collaging and painting. Fun times!

More food for thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment