Wednesday, April 13, 2011

#9 Start a school choir with my partners in crime.

This 30x30 item is proving to be an interesting one, given that my partner in crime and I have no formal musical training.

However, our little choir had their big public debut last Friday at the school Anzac Day assembly. Despite getting off to a wobbly start- read: wrong music was initially played over the sound system- our little cherubs sang their hearts out. We covered One Day by Matisyahu, complete with sign language. Yep- 3 verses, a chorus AND sign language. A huge achievement for a bunch of 6 and 7 year olds.

I'm not entirely comfortable with posting school-related videos containing kiddies on my blog, so you'll just have to trust me when I say WE WERE AWESOME.

Our inspiration is drawn from this amazing choir from New York....

However we are by no means as talented as them (probably due to the previously mentioned fact that our choir is lead by 2 teachers with no formal musical experience!)
Check out their amazing blog here.
Now who wants to argue that arts aren't an important part of the curriculum?

No comments:

Post a Comment